Friday, April 3, 2009

Getting Right to it

OK... So I'm reading the new stuff about stress management... I'm thinking I don't have much- stress, that is. Well I took the quiz- it says I'm stressed... It was WAY HIGH! So... I decide to look for foods that can LOWER stress... that's another one of the activities... not liking many of those foods... but one... one on the list is.. PISTACHIOS!!!!!! Now... I think SOMEONE should be monitoring these sites... PISTACHIOS might lower your stress level.. but geeze.. they might KILL YOU!!!

Yeah. OK>>>> so I guess I'm stressed!

I will move along and see what other gems of wisdom there are... maybe I'll like another one of the activities!

I did notice one thing that I will NOT do... it says ... cut out caffeine... try it for a week and see how you feel... now, this is just a warning, but I did this once when I was at my former place of work... a place where I drank about 6 cups of coffee per day (I think it was mandatory for all IT professionals to drink that much caffeine... especially when you were a department of ONE)... anyway... when you eliminate caffeine for a week, you die. I stopped- on the first day, I felt fine.. GREAT even... on the second day I had a headache... on the third day I thought someone threw a javelin through my eye... I started drinking coffee again, I was fine. I won't do that activity to eliminate caffeine. Besides- last week I read that caffeine killed cancer cells that cause melanoma...

That's all for now... I'll read some more and see what I find out.

No comments: