Thursday, April 9, 2009

SOUND....

4) Sound has a profound influence on our nervous system.... Try a little silence, or more soothing music, especially at bedtime. See if it affects your ability to relax.


OK... so today I read this #4 and thought... maybe at lunchtime, between runs in the bookmobile, I will take lunch outside on this gorgeous day and TRY A LITTLE SILENCE!

I got my book, my sandwich, my glasses and a great place to sit and bask in the warmth of the sun... I got myself all set up on a bench, glasses on, opened my book AND THE JACK HAMMER STARTED 50 FEET BEHIND ME! Talk about the PROFOUND influence on my nervous system! YIKES!!!

So... I took off my glasses, closed my book, wrapped up my sandwich and went in search of a better place...

Tomorrow IS another day!

No comments: