Saturday, April 11, 2009

S T R E S S E DDDDDD

I have found over the 18 some odd years that my children have been playing sports that by far, the most stressful time is when one of my children is the pitcher. Yesterday was no different as my youngest son took the mound in the MSU v. Rutgers-Newark game.

Besides the forecast of rain and being in Newark, this was my "Tommyjohn surgery recovered" son's FIRST collegiate start as a pitcher for MSU. He's had many innings to date as a reliever and even a WIN last year duing his "rehab period", but his first ever START!  Going all the way back through those early first grade games for my sons and daughter, my stress level RISES when they were on the pitcher's mound.

Yesterday was an absolute treat as Kevin pitched into the eighth inning (the most ever... and a LOT of consecutive innings since surgery) and was BRILLIANT (as the Newark website called him.) PHEW.. stress level back to normal.

:)

No comments: