Saturday, April 20, 2024

Who Knew So Many Things Would Come Along?

 So another day -  another NEW BIRD!!

Watching the Mets game -  A LONG SLOG that they eventually WON -  but sitting on the couch and needing a break because all the bones hurt, I stood up and looked out the glass doors, through the dirty lanai windows -  out into the GAZILLION DEGREE afternoon -  and I see a duck.  Wait. I see TWO DUCKS... and what are they???  WOOD DUCKS!!  Where's my camera - wait who just hit a homerun - forget about it-  WHERE IS MY CAMERA???? THERE ARE WOOD DUCKS!!  hahahahahah



There actually were a pair of males?  Hmmmm.  Whatever.  So I took a bunch of shots and got a couple decent ones -  this one was the best of the lot.  OK.  Back to the game.



The game is over -  WE WON!  It was really tense and extremely exciting and every bone and muscle hurt again from sitting so long -  I look out that same window and WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?   

THE BLACK SKIMMER?!??!!   I grabbed the camera (I really wanted to make a stop in the bathroom, but I knew I'd miss it if I did) slipped on my shoes and headed out the door -  This thing flies like lightning -  MOST of my photos are blurry lol... but I have to post them here to remember.  I put the camera on "PEW-PEW-PEW" shooting mode and aimed as best I could.  This guy flew back and forth and up and around.  They drag their beaks in the water (hence the name skimmer) and it was fascinating to watch! 






He left a trail where his beak was skimming the water -  SO COOL!

Fuzzy, but I have to share  -  he was, in a word, GLORIOUS! 


And so, to close I'll say "Good Night Sun"



Good Night, Moon (actually, hello, moon since you were just rising)


Just a couple things that happened and missed YOU, Suzy.




1 comment:

Suzy said...

Wonderful bird pics! Very fun!